Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Just alittle free time!

I actually don't blog as much as I thought I would - I have never been much of a writer. In high school and college I truly hated all my English classes. My favorite subjects were of course Math and Science. And they still are! I started my college education in Nursing. But do to family problems I had to drop out after the first year. Forced to make a living on my own I went to medical assistant school and started working for Doctors. After several years of being so poor I realized that I must get my degree. So I would work from 7 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. then go onto evening classes. It was a very difficult time for me in many ways but I knew I must keep going. At the rate I was going it would take me about 10 years to get my degree. Time was going to pass anyway so I just going. I met my future husband when I was 24 years old. After a long distance relationship for over a year I moved from Arizona to St. Louis, MO. I continued on my current track working and going to school. My husband had a dream to move to North Carolina and after being together for over 3 years he finally landed the job of his dreams in Raleigh/Durham. So we moved to NC and we were married a few months later. Now after almost 8 years of going to school part-time I was able to finish my degree at North Carolina State in Accounting. I ended up working in the corporate world for over 20 years but what is funny after all that hard work- I am now doing what I really love- creating, sewing and being my own boss !!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that, it was interesting to read. You hard worker you!

Monica said...

What a great story - it's fantastic you're doing what you love. I really admire that.