Sunday, September 23, 2007

Trying to prepare

Since this will be my first year selling during the holidays I feel as though I am walking into a dark tunnel. How do I prepare? Do I make as much as possible now while I have the time or do I wait to see what items have the most demand? I am also making an assumption that I will be so busy that I will only have time to list, sale and ship. I may be in for a surprise. I may not be any more busy then I am now. I am looking forward to increased sales but I sometimes think that I am getting my hopes up for nothing. If there is anybody out there that has been thru an Etsy holiday season please feel free to contact me or comment here and take my dark tunnel feeling away!!!! :)





4 comments:

Sandra Eileen said...

I too wonder about that. You certainly have a lovely selection of fabrics to work from. My tendency would be to make things ahead of time.

RainyDayArt said...

Looks like you're off to a good start for the holidays! I started on etsy last January so I'm not sure how this will go either.
TAG you're it. See my blog for the details of what to do.
http://rainydayart.blogspot.com/

Hello Crafty said...

I know the feeling! I'm sure our fellow Etsians will help us out on the forums with some idea of what to expect!

Cheers!
HelloCrafty
http://www.hellocrafty.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Its mine too and I'm hopeful and nervous at the same time. I've tried to make stuff ahead to post throughout the season. Best of luck to all of us!