Thursday, September 17, 2009

Determined--so it kinda paid off!

























So, the frame purse is so popular right? Why? For me I like them because they remind me of when I was a little girl, walking around the local dime store with my Mom holding her coin purse.

I have wanted to learn or at least try to learn how to make them. BUT, there were so many obstacles. Time, money to spend on frames, time, time and oh did I mention my total lack of patience to learn a new skill, here of late.... Also, I like the ones that you see alot on Etsy but I wanted to try to make the ones I remember more as a child.

I should also mention that I refuse to use patterns, how I tend to tackle learning these new techniques is by looking at pics and just diving in. A problem-yes!!







So a few Saturdays ago, I decided to finally sit down and give it a try. I used a combination of sewing and glue. I only had one frame at that time so I really wanted to make sure I did not mess it up. After it was done, I thought the end result was quite good but the time and mess to make just one was disappointing.




Will I make anymore? Well, I have more frames, so if time allows I might give it a try again with a few little adjustments. This one is currently listed in my Artfire shop. After I make a few more I might list them in my Etsy shop.




1 comment:

Pili said...

It looks great!!
I guess that once you get the hang of it making more, it'll become a faster process.